Music, dance performances, children’s activities, and a car and motorcycle show throughout the day will commemorate the richness of Black culture and highlight Black history, stories, businesses, and artists.
Free COVID-19 vaccinations for those older than 12 and voter registration opportunities will also be available. Members of the Changin’ Lanez Car Club and the Tru Ikonz Motorcycle will be on hand as well.
Lineup of Events:
- 8AM: Decorate Vehicles and Line Up
- 9AM – 10AM: Motor Parade (IKONZ Sports Bar & Grill – 1515 N Leg Rd, Augusta)
- 10AM – 2PM: Celebration, COVID Vax Clinic, Voter Registration (Southgate Plaza, 1631 Gordon Hwy, Augusta)
- 2PM – 6PM: Celebration at IKONZ Sports Bar
- Starting: IKONZ Sports Bar & Grill, 1515 North Leg Road
- Wrightsboro Road to Laney Walker Blvd. Turn Right.
- Turn left onto James Brown Blvd to Broad Street.
- Turn right onto Broad to East Boundary.
- Right on East Boundary
- Left onto E. Chapman following around onto E. Taylor and back to East Boundary to Laney Walker Blvd.
- Left onto Martin Luther King Blvd. to Gordon Highway
- Left onto Gordon Highway to Southgate Plaza.
- NAN of the CSRA – Dr. Beulah Nash-Teachy, President & Morris Porter, Vice-President
- The Peoples’ Agenda-Augusta Office – Traci George, Augusta Area Coordinator
- Greater Augusta Interfaith Coalition, Black Voters Matter – Dr. Christopher Johnson
- League of Women Voters of the CSRA
- National Pan Hellenic Council – Augusta, GA
- The Lucy Craft Laney Museum of Black History
Visit the National Museum of African American History & Culture’s webpage (The Historical Legacy of Juneteenth) for more information on Juneteenth.