- This event has passed.
Music in the South | Morris Museum Exhibition
November 12 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until November 22, 2020
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Sunday, repeating until November 22, 2020
Exhibition Dates: August 29 – November 22, 2020
Gallery: Morris Museum of Art
Tuesday – Saturday: 10 AM – 5 PM
Sunday: Noon–5 PM
Closed Mondays and major holidays
Music in the South celebrates the culturally diverse and richly expressive traditions of this region’s musical arts in an exhibition of more than 35 works of art—paintings, drawings, prints, and photographs. The exhibition is mainly drawn from the Morris Museum’s permanent collection, supplemented by selected loans of musical instruments from the McKissick Museum in Columbia, South Carolina. Organized by consulting curator Jay Williams, it is on view in the Morris’s Coggins Gallery as well as the nearby stairwell from August 29–November 22, 2020.
Child (12 and younger): Free
Youth (13–17): $3
Student with ID: $3
Military with ID: $3
Senior (65 and older): $3
Museum members: Free
No admission charge on Sundays
To ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors, the following steps are being taken:
• Frequent sanitizing of all high-traffic areas.
• All staff will wear masks when interacting with the public.
• Visitors will be required to wear masks. (Masks will be provided to those who need them.)
• Plexiglas shields have been placed at the visitor services desk, museum store counter, and welcome desk in the main office.
• Sanitation stations have been placed throughout the museum.
• The number of visitors in the galleries and the museum store will be limited.
• All public programs have been postponed or rescheduled for a later date.
• Payment of admission fees and for museum stores purchases may be made by credit/debit card payment only.