- This event has passed.
From Brayer to Brush: Hand-Colored Prints by Jim Sherraden | Morris Museum Exhibition
October 10 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until November 8, 2020
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Sunday, repeating until November 8, 2020
Exhibition Dates: August 13 – November 8, 2020
Gallery: Morris Museum of Art
Tuesday – Saturday: 10 AM – 5 PM
Sunday: Noon–5 PM
Closed Mondays and major holidays
Admission is FREE this summer: Friday, June 12 through August 31, 2020 thanks to the generous support of Bank of America.
Since 1977, artist Jim Sherraden has resided in Tennessee, where he managed Nashville’s Hatch Show Print from 1984 until 2017. He oversaw its transition from a cultural survivor of the mid-twentieth century to its current status as a widely recognized graphic design house and destination for letterpress enthusiasts. At Hatch, his clients included Emmylou Harris, B. B. King, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Fossil Watch Company, Entertainment Weekly, the city of Nashville, and others too numerous to list. In 1992 he began creating monoprints from hand-cut blocks in the Hatch Show archives. They achieved great popularity and were collected by individuals and institutions worldwide.
Visit the Event Page HERE!
To ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors, the following steps are being taken:
• Frequent sanitizing of all high-traffic areas.
• All staff will wear masks when interacting with the public.
• Visitors will be required to wear masks. (Masks will be provided to those who need them.)
• Plexiglas shields have been placed at the visitor services desk, museum store counter, and welcome desk in the main office.
• Sanitation stations have been placed throughout the museum.
• The number of visitors in the galleries and the museum store will be limited.
• All public programs have been postponed or rescheduled for a later date.
• Payment of admission fees and for museum stores purchases may be made by credit/debit card payment only.