- This event has passed.
Firearms/Tactics for On Camera Actors: Part 1
May 18, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$75 – $150
Act Tactical For Film (ATFF) is the premiere weapons and tactical training resource for film and media in the Southeast. Founded by former Police Officer Matt Clanton, ATFF specializes in training actors and filmmakers while providing related film services for the industry.
Our students have performed as principle actors, specialty skill performers, stunt performers/doubles, and background for the following projects: True Detective, NCIS: New Orleans, American Horror Story: Freakshow, The Hunger Games trilogy, The Walking Dead, Halt & Catch Fire, Constantine, The Divergent Series: Insurgent, Ride Along, Fast & Furious 5, Fast 7, The Following, Revolution, Antman, Resurrection, The Agency, The Family Business, Redemptive Suffering, Prisoners, The Killing Floor 2 (videogame), The 5th Wave, Sabotage, and more.
May 18th, 2019 | 9 AM – 5 PM | Warrenville, SC (Full location available after registration)
Instructor: Matt Clanton, Former police officer, Film Tactical Advisor
Morning Session (3.5 Hours):
- Firearms safety/handling for portraying tactical role on camera (handguns and rifle)
- Safety checking firearms (loading and unloading with props)
- Differences between blank guns, dummy guns, and non-guns; plus discussing them with productions
- Basic room and structure clearing
Afternoon Session (3.5 Hours):
- Reloading drills
- Proper equipment use (Tactical gear, holsters, etc. )
- Transitioning from rifle to handgun using a sling
- Basic Gun Disarms for Camera from Krav Maga
Half Day – $75
Full Day – $150
To Register, email Contact.ATFF@gmail.com | Visit the ATFF Facebook Page HERE!