- This event has passed.
Aiken Center for the Arts – Summer Camps!
August 3 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until August 7, 2020
We offer an excellent selection of fun and enriching classes in many of the arts disciplines. Ages 4 to 18, will enjoy these fun camps. All camps are offered for one week per camp. Camps run on consecutive days for a week. Pre-registration is required for all camps. Taught by experienced art professionals, and designed to provide individual attention and feedback, our camps are sure to educate and inspire artists of all ages. All supplies are included unless otherwise noted in the camp description.
Camp Weeks: (Mon – Fri)
June 15 – 19
June 22 – 26
July 6 – 10
July 13 – 17
July 20 – 24
July 27 – 31
Aug 3 – 7
Camp Days are 9am to 12pm, and Night School is from 5pm to 8pm.
For individual classtimes and days, look at the Summer Camp Newsletter online HERE!
DISCOVERY ART CAMP AGES 4-6
Every day is an artistic adventure! Campers will create artwork inspired by people, far away places, animals and all the fun stuff in life. Children will experience drawing, watercolor, acrylic, pastels and 3-D art in a variety of individual and collaborative projects. Each week offers new and different projects.
THEATRE CAMP AGES 7-10
Theatre Camp is an exciting opportunity for students interested in building their acting skills, or even those looking to try something new. The week will include acting, theatre games, conquering stage fright, developing your character and writing an original play as a group. Walk over to Aiken Community Theatre for a backstage tour. Show off new skills with a live performance for parents on Friday.
ART CAMP AGES 7-10
Unleash that inner creativity! Campers will learn about masterpieces, famous artists, styles of art and how to find inspiration in everything! A variety of 2-D and 3-D projects offered. Individual and collaborative activities in many different mediums. Each week offers a new theme and different projects.
ART STUDIOS AGES 11-14
Students will discover art through exploration of their favorite art mediums in a studio setting. Taught by artists working in their area of expertise, these studios allow participants to try different mediums throughout the summer.
- Printmaking Studio: Carve your own linocut, design and print a t shirt, explore monotypes and other methods of printing.
- Pottery Studio: Learn different pottery techniques while creating and glazing, completing your own unique pieces of pottery.
- Comic/Anime: Learn how to draw and develop original characters and how to use essential visual storytelling techniques.
- Sculpture: Learn 3-D art-making techniques to create sculptures from wire, paper mache, cardboard, or recycled objects to create original artworks.
- “Like the Masters” Painting: Be inspired by famous artists while creating paintings of your own.
- ANIME 3-D: Design an original character and make it three dimensional while working with textiles and paint. Leave with a
large stuffed character.
- “Say it with Color” Painting: Explore color while working on a variety of painting projects including a collaborative mural.
NIGHT SCHOOL AGES 15+ (Only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
Hey high school students! Don’t let Night School fun happen without you. Join us this summer for some great evening fun!
- T-shirt Printing: Learn a screen printing process to create your own t-shirt design. Use multiple colors, create ombre effects or even use glow in the dark ink!
- Pottery Wheel: Students learn the basics of throwing clay on the pottery wheel. Limit of 5 spots.
- Urban Art: Learn to work with spray paint and create imagery on a large scale. Let your individual ideas and voice come out as you develop an image & text.
DISCOVERY ART CAMP: $175 per week
THEATRE CAMP: $175 per week
ART CAMP: $175 per week
ART STUDIOS: $175 per week
NIGHT SCHOOL: $90 per week
For more information on drop off/pickup, cost, and more – read the Summer Camp Newsletter HERE!
For information on how the camp will be handling social distancing, visit this article. For more information or concerns, call 803-641-9094.